Preparing a healthy meal for your loved one doesn’t have to be a challenge! Even if you’re a busy individual but still need to care for your elder, you can plan ahead with a few simple meals. These dishes are not only delicious, but nutritious as well. They can be cooked with limited prep time and stay fresh in the freezer when you’re ready to use them. Find out which healthy meals you can make at home for your senior by reading our blog!
Nutritional Meal Ideas
Mix and match your senior’s menu with tasty recipes for lunch, dinner, or a mid-day snack. Ranging from sweet to savory, we’ve listed examples of meals that are packed with nutritional value, but still have the flavors your loved one can appreciate.
- Chicken and vegetable hand pies: This entrée combines whole grains, vegetables, and chicken. It’s easy to make in batches that can be frozen for up to six months.
- Apple cinnamon French toast: Almond milk, organic eggs, apples, flaxseed, and pumpkin puree are great sources of soluble fiber and protein in this recipe. You can make this ahead and freeze for up to two months.
- Mediterranean quinoa burger: Another meal you can make and freeze for up to two months, these filling burgers are rich with fiber and protein. Whole grain wheat buns and fresh veggies complement this burger.
- Egg muffins with kale, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese: These simple egg cups are a delicious source of protein that can be turned in to a meal any time of day. For a busy caregiver, they make a tasty on-the-go breakfast too.
- Signature spicy, smoky, and sweet chili: This crockpot meal is easy to make and freeze. You can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey to make it even healthier.
Our trained caregivers at Home Instead Senior Care can help your loved one with a healthy, well-balanced diet. From the grocery shopping to the meal prep, our in-home caregivers can provide meals that appeal to all tastes and dietary restrictions. Call or visit our website to learn how our mealtime services can help your loved one eat well and stay well!
Leave a Reply